Work with Photoshop 2

First of all, the lovely Amanda Jackson gave me a lot of material to practice with so I want to shout out to her.

Well, I set off to try and figure out out to bring the best colors out of my photography to give it a more warming sensation. The way I used to do it was change the photo filter and although that did work to give a subtle warmth I wanted more. The following picture was taken from an old friend Magen Jearls who is a talented portrait photographer. In this picture it is crisp and fall like with the yellow standing out. This is the effect I wanted to try and capture.
Yellow stands out in this picture. The over exposure actually works for this picture too. 
This is what I concluded. It really is just a matter of colorizing the highlights and shadows in the picture.




The one on the left is edited to be slightly yellow and the one on the right is my first edit.













Subtle changes make a picture look GREAT! I obviously couldn't yellow it up too much since it is such an upclose image, but none the less I like it better.

Next is just slight lighting changes to the picture of her laying down. 


I am trying to perfect lighting. That might be the next book I buy...

Comments