Lansing, Michigan

 Took a trip to Lansing in January of this year. It was a neat experience. I just walked into the capitol and was greeted by some very friendly officers who allowed me to just walk around shooting photos of our beautiful Capitol building. It was awe inspiring! I hope you enjoy these photos. Truly, these images do not do the building justice. 


The walk to the capitol the manholes were steaming. I considered how weird I must have looked just sitting there taking photos of a manhole but now I am glad I did. Very lonesome this photo was. It was okay though, not too many judgements from the peanut gallery. 









George Washington needs no explanation. 










The beauty of the dimensions in this photo is par none. The shadows mixed with the highlights. I was so lucky to capture the sun setting on this beautiful building. No sun in my way. 









The road to the capitol. Streets were pretty empty minus a few government folk wandering about with briefcases. 










Again, setting sun made for some awesome dimensions to the building.









The peak of the building, shining pure white against the blue sky. 

Government folks. Coming back for lunch maybe? Loved how this turned out. The black and white really gives this photo contrast. 













Some cool steps. 


Second floor of the capitol. It is beautiful. 








Supreme court chambers. This photo turned out terrible. The amount of finicking I had to do to it, I almost called it quits and just exed the photo. But honestly, with enough love, I brought it back to life. 











My favorite photo. This is the ceiling of the capitol. If only I could have flown and got a precise straight shot of it. Unfortunately, I do not have wings. 









Where they conduct their business. At least one of the many rooms like this. 







Hallway







I'm not sure who sits in that pretty chair but whoever it is I am just gonna call the King/queen.






Crystal Chandelier. My oh my!


I call this meeting to order. 




The depth of this photo is my fav. Seriously. The foreground and background play nicely with eachother. 




The throne. That's what I am calling it at least. 

This photo was not gonna make it into my finished products but I decided to go for it. First, it captures what those rooms are meant for. If you look closely, it's super grainy (which is why it was gonna be thrown away) but there is something beautiful about it anyways. The lighting was just absolutely horrible and flash photography was not allowed in these rooms. I did the best I could. 









Another hallway. Why not. Can't have too many of those right?




Hallway again. 

Random House


Comments