Photoshop Work

The following are some detailed descriptions of my photoshop work. All of these photos were fixed in RAW.

First off we have the exposure trick. I learned this little ditty from the book by Scott Kelby editor from Photoshop User Magazine. All of the the professional photographers use this technique to highlight the areas they want you to notices and hide the background yet keep it looking natural. This was the one technique I was interested in learning since I am a big fan of Sue Brown's work. All of her pictures use this technique giving the individual portraits an added pop.







Next up was editing black and white photos in RAW. As interesting as this was, I still need practice. I tried to do a gradient mask on the first picuture and highly blacks and blues in the second. Turned out overexposed. Oops.













Original
edited

























This picture used all of the things I have learned about professional portraits.



I underexposed and darkened the entire picture, then erased the underexposure around my face. Then,  I sofened (which is labeled clarity in Photoshop) my hair so you don't see every individual strand. After that I brightened the whites of my eyes an under my eye sockets.















The next picture I played in DUAL TONING which is probably my second favorite technique I have learned thusfar. It's like black and white but has slight (and gorgeous) tinge of color in it hence dual toning.




Dual toning

Comments